All submissions to the Journal of Innovation in Polytechnic Education must be made online. To do so, you must first register. Once you have registered, log in to the site to submit or to check the status of your current submissions. All of your registration information is kept confidential.
Already have a Username/Password for Journal of Innovation in Polytechnic Education?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Please note: For any type of research paper (Original Research Article, Brief Report, or Innovation Spotlight), the expectation is that evidence has been systematically gathered, using an appropriate amount of scientific rigour. Accordingly, whether a quantitative or qualitative approach is taken, all manuscripts submitted as Original Research Articles, Brief Reports, or Innovation Spotlights must include a “Method” section that describes the empirical approach, and a “Results” section that summarizes the findings. JIPE especially encourages submissions that include multiple forms of evidence (e.g., collected at multiple points in time, using multiple data collection instruments, and/or from multiple sources).
For the comprehensive list and detailed descriptions of the various types of submissions you can submit, please see Submission Types.
Submission Preparation Checklist
We have prepared a handy PDF checklist for your use.
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines. These guidelines are in place to ensure the integrity and efficiency of the review process.
- Certify that the submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- The submission file is in PDF, OpenOffice, Microsoft Word or file format.
- Manuscripts must be formatted according to APA guidelines. In particular, all manuscripts should be double-spaced, in 12 pt. font. Figures, tables, and captions should be included at the end of the document.
- Cumulative line numbers and page numbers are included throughout the manuscript.
- JIPE adheres to a blind peer review process. Therefore, all submissions should follow the instructions for "Ensuring a Blind Review".
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.